Tate Yoga Studio Information Page

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Loving Kindness Meditation

Today  at my Yoga Class at Unity !!  We practiced this simply Mediatation  and was requested
for me to put  this on my Blog !! Sit in a comfortable position. Set the Intention  to practice this meditation with out judgement  and a healthy dose of affection for yourself. Inhaling and Exhaling through your heart., visualize a time  when you are really happy and experince  that feeling now. Recite, silently, the following statements.

May I be filled with loving-kindness ;  May I be peaceful ; May I be healthy ;
May I be happy.
Repeat the prayer  over and over  again for several  minutes, feeling as though  you're swaddled in loving-kindness. When you feel  ready , subsitute the name of the person  you wish to forgive for the word" I " Set the Intention  to wrap this person  in the love you now hold in your heart. Don't worry if this seems impossible at first. Be patient , and ever so gradually, you  begin to feel a shift..

Remember anything that is not Love is fear. see that emotion  as fear instead of hatred or anger  may help you forgive transgressions a little easier... The following  loving -kindness meditation  will help  with the process of easing your heart.. Namaste Janis Tate

No comments:

Post a Comment